Inglewood Auto Insurance Agent
Most of us would agree that the benefits of driving far outweigh the risks. Yet, every time you drive your car, you’re at risk of an accident. Even when your car is parked it’s at risk of being stolen or vandalized. That’s why you need car insurance in Inglewood—or wherever you live. Most states, including California, require you to carry liability insurance.
Why You Need Auto Insurance
Auto insurance protects you in more ways than you might realize. Here are some reasons you need car insurance in Inglewood:
- It’s the law. In California, you must have liability insurance with the following limits: Bodily injury liability: $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident; property damage liability: $5,000 minimum. Liability coverage protects you financially for injuries and property damage to others if you’re found at fault for an accident.
- Your lender probably requires it. If you’re financing or leasing a car, your loan provider (called the lienholder) probably requires you to carry full coverage auto insurance. That includes liability coverage (bodily injury and property damage), collision, and comprehensive. If you let your insurance policy lapse or don’t carry all the coverages required by your lender, they can “force place” insurance, meaning buy insurance for you and send you the bill.
- It protects you financially. The cost of a motor vehicle accident can range from minor to astronomical, depending on the circumstances. According to the National Safety Council, in 2015 the average cost of an accident involving injuries was $26,000; the average cost of an accident involving a death was more than $1.5 million; the average cost of an accident with only property damage was $4,200. Carrying liability coverage (with the highest limits you can afford) plus collision and comprehensive coverage can help protect you financially.
- It brings peace of mind. Driving without insurance or with too little coverage is risky. Being fully covered gives you the peace of mind of knowing you’re financially protected if you’re in an accident or your car is stolen or vandalized.
Questions to Ask Your Agent
A licensed insurance agent is your best resource for car insurance information. Your agent can counsel you on which coverages you’re legally required to carry, and which combination of coverages will best protect you financially.
Here are some questions to consider when discussing auto insurance with your agent:
- How much can I afford to pay? You can keep your premium down with lower liability limits and higher deductibles for comprehensive and collision. If you have a $1,000 for collision, for example, this is how much you’d have to pay out-of-pocket after a covered loss. We always recommend carrying higher liability limits—as much as you can afford. That’s because medical expenses can quickly add up. So can property damage costs. Talk to your agent about the best options for you.
- What discounts are available? You might be surprised at how many discounts insurance companies offer today, including good driver, student, professional, and multi-policy discounts.
- What are my payment options? Most insurance companies today allow you to pay in several installments over the course of the policy term, monthly installments, or all at once. You can often save more by paying all at once. Ask your agent about payment options for the plan you choose.
Get a Fast, Free Auto Insurance Quote
The expert agents at Cameo Insurance have helped thousands of clients find affordable, comprehensive auto insurance. We’re proud to say that most of our clients renew their policies, and many refer their friends.
Call us today 323-965-1416 for a quote for car insurance in Inglewood. We serve clients throughout Southern California.